18 Ocak 2013 Cuma

In the ordinary lies something extraordinary



Where shall I begin and what shall I write about on my first Lavanta blog? The answer that comes to mind is that I should write about something that is on my mind, something that comes from the heart. When it comes from the heart, I have nothing to lose as I do this for myself.


Today I want to express my sincere appreciation to Cigdem and the entire Lavanta team for including me as a member. To work amongst a lovely group of people who share the same dream of making beautifully written scripts come alive.  Beautiful stories about ordinary life, but in this ordinary lies something extraordinary. I suppose it only depends on how you look at it.  Have we forgotten the simplicities of life, about the small things that can bring us so much joy?  Or are we always in pursuit of achievement, recognition, running after the next latest and greatest thing to bring us only temporary happiness? 


Simplicities that bring joy, what are they? The answer lies in the experiences that touch the human heart, the human spirit, nothing more, nothing less.  And Lavanta’s project Uncle Avni, sends such a meaningful message. It is the touching story about a relationship that develops between an elderly man and a young woman. Showing compassion, sensitivity for another human being without any expectations, so simple but so deep.
 
As filming time approached, I had the opportunity to meet the special cast of actors during their first reading rehearsals. Toron Karacaoglu, Zerrin Nisanci, Canan Okan, Coskun Ozmeric, Elif Atakan and Beyza Sekerci, a harmonious group who were compassionate about helping one another be the best that they could be. During all of the rehearsals I listened to them like a fly on the wall, absorbing their energy.  It was beautiful to see them personifying their characters and giving each other feedback and support. Within a short period of time, they became their new characters, full of emotion.  At times, I was touched and had to hold back the tears that began to surface.  How amazing it must be as an actor to immerse yourself into another character and really absorb that role.  To go through life playing so many different people, such a enriching experience.

May each and every one of them shine bright to illuminate the spirit of Uncle Avni. And may Uncle Avni’s creator, the Lavanta Team, continue to create exceptional characters that bring beautiful messages to our lives.
                                                                                                                                       Denise Gelis

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder