25 Ocak 2013 Cuma

Was this a sign?


Although my travels brought me far away from the set during the filming of Uncle Avni, my thoughts were with the cast and crew.  The first day of shooting was not without its surprises as it was also the first snowfall of the winter. Snow flurries coming out of nowhere. Wonderful white flakes floating down from the sky. Was this a sign? Was Uncle Avni sending us a message from the heavens?

My flight was not yet heading towards the heavens as I sat on the airport runway with delay upon delay upon delay. What was happening on the film set I wondered? How would it turn out?  

Upon my return to Istanbul, I watched the first cut. Without being there on the day of the filming, only having read the script and having watched the reading rehearsal, it was beautiful to see what was captured by the camera’s lens. From a script, a simple piece of paper with nothing more than words to something that comes alive and makes us feel some kind of emotion. Yes, I believe Uncle Avni was sending us a message from the sky on those snowy days of filming… 

 Denise Gelis

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder